WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs
Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WonderMoms Fan Page
Photobucket
Photobucket
WonderMoms Share Button
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs on your social bookmarking website

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Its been so long!!
Residents and Dogs invited! Barleepalooza 2009 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 pm by ltoro

» Oakville Place Farmers Market
Residents and Dogs invited! Barleepalooza 2009 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 pm by WonderMom

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
Residents and Dogs invited! Barleepalooza 2009 EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:30 am by mommyone

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
Residents and Dogs invited! Barleepalooza 2009 EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:27 am by mommyone

» Nature's Biodiversity - what it means to us! on May 9th @ 6:30p.m
Residents and Dogs invited! Barleepalooza 2009 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:31 am by MiltonGreen

» MISSISSAUGA MOM TO MOM SALE
Residents and Dogs invited! Barleepalooza 2009 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:23 am by mommyone

» Fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis Canada
Residents and Dogs invited! Barleepalooza 2009 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm by Lynne

» Burlington Humane Society Fundraiser
Residents and Dogs invited! Barleepalooza 2009 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm by WonderMom

» Burlington Mall's Eco-Hero Waste Collection
Residents and Dogs invited! Barleepalooza 2009 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm by WonderMom

Statistics
We have 1120 registered users
The newest registered user is ASYmom

Our users have posted a total of 133642 messages in 10961 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

Residents and Dogs invited! Barleepalooza 2009

Go down

Residents and Dogs invited! Barleepalooza 2009 Empty Residents and Dogs invited! Barleepalooza 2009

I saw this in this weekends paper and thought it might be of interest! I think we will be going to check it out Cool

Barleepalooza will be held at the Milton Fairgrounds Saturday Aug 29th 10-5pm rain or shine. Admission is free
Activities include Pet contests, giant bouncy castle for the children, silent auction, a number of animals up for adoption will be on hand.
The event is being put on by Barlees Angel Rescue Network, a non-profit, all breed animal rescue group in Souther Onatrio. www.barlees.org
Kal
Kal
Queen Bee WonderMom
Queen Bee WonderMom

Number of posts : 2836

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Residents and Dogs invited! Barleepalooza 2009 :: Comments

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:42 pm by HeidiHo

That does sound like fun! We actually almost adopted a dog from Barlees. The day we were scheduled to meet the dog was the day of the blackout! He ended up seeing another family who adopted him before we could reschedule =(

Back to top Go down

Kal

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:48 pm by Kal

Are you still looking HeidiHo?

Back to top Go down

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:58 pm by HeidiHo

No. We kind of took the whole miss as a sign. We sat back and really rethought about it. We decided to go to a breeder instead of rescuing because we knew we wanted kids. With a rescue, you never really know what happened to them before you got them.

By the time our love Guinness passes on, DS will be old enough that we will look at rescuing again.

Back to top Go down

Kal

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:01 pm by Kal

We lost our Hudson last weekend, he was 11. This is our second senior dog to go in just over a year. With a new baby due in about 8 weeks I think we will be taking a break also for at least til next spring.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:10 pm by HeidiHo

I'm so sorry to hear that Kal. It is always rough losing a loved one.

I can definitely understand taking a break.

Back to top Go down

Kal

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:12 pm by Kal

Thank you HeidiHo. The children are really lost as they have never been with out a dog. Your youngest said Mommy we ran out of doggies! Its never a good time but had it been any other time we likely would have adopted another right away but a new dog, new baby, no yard, going into fall,winter = No fun

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down