WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs
Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WonderMoms Fan Page
Photobucket
Photobucket
WonderMoms Share Button
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs on your social bookmarking website

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Its been so long!!
Milton Street Festival June 6th 2009 & MCRC Fun fair EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 pm by ltoro

» Oakville Place Farmers Market
Milton Street Festival June 6th 2009 & MCRC Fun fair EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 pm by WonderMom

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
Milton Street Festival June 6th 2009 & MCRC Fun fair EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:30 am by mommyone

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
Milton Street Festival June 6th 2009 & MCRC Fun fair EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:27 am by mommyone

» Nature's Biodiversity - what it means to us! on May 9th @ 6:30p.m
Milton Street Festival June 6th 2009 & MCRC Fun fair EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:31 am by MiltonGreen

» MISSISSAUGA MOM TO MOM SALE
Milton Street Festival June 6th 2009 & MCRC Fun fair EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:23 am by mommyone

» Fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis Canada
Milton Street Festival June 6th 2009 & MCRC Fun fair EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm by Lynne

» Burlington Humane Society Fundraiser
Milton Street Festival June 6th 2009 & MCRC Fun fair EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm by WonderMom

» Burlington Mall's Eco-Hero Waste Collection
Milton Street Festival June 6th 2009 & MCRC Fun fair EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm by WonderMom

Statistics
We have 1120 registered users
The newest registered user is ASYmom

Our users have posted a total of 133642 messages in 10961 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

Milton Street Festival June 6th 2009 & MCRC Fun fair

Go down

Milton Street Festival June 6th 2009 & MCRC Fun fair Empty Milton Street Festival June 6th 2009 & MCRC Fun fair

Not to sure if this was posted or not. This is a really fun event to bring the family to!

Luckygirl flower

Fun Fair - Milton Community Resource Centre

When

Sat Jun 6 – Sat Jun 6

Where

map 150 Mary Street, Victoria Park, Milton, ON

Description10:00 am to 4:00 pm Fun Fair is a family event with face painting, bounces, bbq, silent auction, fish pond, alley games, vendors and much more.
MasoniCh.I.P Ontario will be there.
This technology aids in the reporting time if a child has gone missing.
The parent can take the CD (which has fingerprints, a still photo and a video with audio) to a police department to be downloaded, or even email the form.
There is no other system that is as comprehensive as the EZ Child ID System.Cost
- MasoniCh.I.P Ontario - free
- 10 tickets - $12.00
- 25 tickets - $20.00
- (bounces, games etc 1 or 2 tickets ) Contact - Lee-Ann Babin 905-876-1244 ext. 16
Email - leeannb@mcrc.on.ca
Website - www.mcrc.on.caWheelchair Access - yes
Service Animal Allowed - yes
Accessible Parking - yes

AND
What

Downtown Milton Street Festival - Town of Milton/DBIA

When

Sat Jun 6 – Sat Jun 6

20090606/20090607
Where

map Main Street, Milton, ON (from Brown Street to Fulton Street)

Description3:00 pm to 11:30 pm Bring your entire family for an afternoon or evening of fun and entertainment!
The festival will feature buskers, vendors, kid zones, restaurants with extended patios and more than 35 performances on four stages. Cost - freeContact - Jacquelyn Garrard 905-876-2773
Website - www.milton.caWheelchair Access/Washrooms - yes

Service Animal Allowed - yes

Accessible Parking - yes
Luckygirl
Luckygirl
Apprentice WonderMom
Apprentice WonderMom

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Milton Street Festival June 6th 2009 & MCRC Fun fair :: Comments

Debra

Post Mon May 25, 2009 12:19 pm by Debra

I took my 3 girls to this last year and it was so much fun! It was so hot and humid that day! From what I recall, they did not provide port-a-potties...so do not forget to bring yours...

All the employees over at MCRC are so much fun and very creative to make this event awesome!

Back to top Go down

Em

Post Mon May 25, 2009 12:49 pm by Em

This is such a fun set of events! Debra, townhall is open so you can use their bathrooms during the fun fair. Laughing Or at least it was last year!

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Mon May 25, 2009 1:16 pm by Debra

Ohhh, good to know Em! Is that townhall open on the weekends, as well for bathroom purposes? The past 2 Saturdays, we go there after the market and I always notice people in a building after we are leaving...

Back to top Go down

Lynne

Post Mon May 25, 2009 2:59 pm by Lynne

I saw this on the banner hung across Ontario Street! We went last year and the kids had lots of fun but we cannot go this year...but at least it is for a good reason: we are going that day to pick up our new puppy!! It will be a long day for sure (it is a 2.5 hour drive each way!) but well worth it.

I hope it is a nice day like last year for everyone!

Lynne

Back to top Go down

Faysmommy

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:59 pm by Faysmommy

I go every year with my dd.
This year daddy will have to take her as I have a booth.

Drop by and say hi @ my table
will be there all day (mental note remember sun screen lol)

In case you are not sure my real name is Nicole
come by and sample some bbq sauce and Mustards
or just say hi
fill out a ballet to win.

Nicole

Back to top Go down

rhonda

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:32 pm by rhonda

We should get our tables together Nicole.. I will be there with Mary Kay.... Well not Mary Kay herself, but her products..hahah

Great event ladies and lots of fun!

See you all there!

Stop by and say hi!

rhonda

Back to top Go down

Faysmommy

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:16 pm by Faysmommy

I don't know if you would want to sign up with what I had to go
through to get one Rhonda
I know I have seen you there over the years.
you don't have to go through the board of health for food stuff
I had to get oked and cut down things to supper simple.
you will see what I mean Sat

ttyl it is suppose to be a great day
Nicole

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:34 pm by WonderMom

That is too bad I would have loved to go to that, I will be sleeping I am sure after our Relay for Life on Friday.

Back to top Go down

Faysmommy

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:59 pm by Faysmommy

You will do great @ the relay
and I am sure you can make the fair it is from 10 to 4
then milton has a down town fair from 3 to 12
gl and remember lots of water.

Back to top Go down

Stellaluna

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:34 pm by Stellaluna

WonderMom wrote:That is too bad I would have loved to go to that, I will be sleeping I am sure after our Relay for Life on Friday.

Sleeping... HA~~~ Who needs sleep! THinking of taking my kids but we'll see. Doubt sleep will be in my plans for saturday!

Back to top Go down

rhonda

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:38 am by rhonda

No, I don't demo or sell at my table so I don't have to go through that. Are you at the Fun Fair or the Street Festival.... I will only be at the Fun Fair this year, doing both last year killed me.

Rhonda

Back to top Go down

Mommy to 2 little monkeys

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:09 am by Mommy to 2 little monkeys

We are planning on going! I wish the 2 events overlapped more though so we could enjoy both. Unfortunately princess A dictates our schedule due to naps so we will see if we can make it to both. I am planning on getting the child ID done but I heard that the line gets pretty crazy. A man DH works with will be doing the ID station and he says that the process is pretty impressive.

Back to top Go down

Faysmommy

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:33 am by Faysmommy

We have gotten the packages before not sure if it is the same one
when dd was very little foot prints then finger as she has gotten older
if it is the same way you could always grab the package and do it and bring it back.
Plus everything has a lul especially with the train and the jumpy both's being there....
Have lots of fun especially when they are young they want to see everything.

Nicole

Back to top Go down

Kal

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:38 am by Kal

We are hoping to make it this year. We have been in the past and yes, last year was a scorcher!! Bringing tons of water and hats for sure.

Back to top Go down

Kal

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:26 pm by Kal

Debra wrote:I took my 3 girls to this last year and it was so much fun! It was so hot and humid that day! From what I recall, they did not provide port-a-potties...so do not forget to bring yours...

All the employees over at MCRC are so much fun and very creative to make this event awesome!
I saw them dropping off port-a-potties near Gear Heads this afternoon. I would **think** these would be for the festival.

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:39 pm by Debra

Ohhh, good news Kal! It is panic time when my girls have to go, Laughing

I still think I may bring my Fisher Price compact port-a-potty regardless...I always seem to use it Smile

Back to top Go down

Faysmommy

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:42 am by Faysmommy

Debra I commented to the health and food board on that and the hand washing station when they told me I had to have one if I served food. I was like wt I am giving out samples
they serve hot dogs and hamburgers with napkins

hope you can come by and see me
oh in case you don't recognize me I am the lady in grey less 40 lbs
oops boasting is bad he he
hagd see you all real soon
<<< missing the MM's

Back to top Go down

Faysmommy

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:44 pm by Faysmommy

I had a fabulous but long day.
I got to stand beside Rhonda who was my mental savour all day
Thank you.
I am now using my Mary Kay After Sun replenishing Gel
as I didn't use sun screen as it was shady and cool this morning.

I got to talk to so many WM I have not seen in forever

Kindermom had purple hair.

Thanks all who dropped by
sorry if I was crazy excited
I will be contacting those of you who said they needed or wanted things soon.
Hope everyone got the Girls night out menu
if you did not and want one if it a 4 course great idea
and I think Kinder said she had 3/4 of it (hint hint party at her house) j/k she is such a busy mommy.

Glad I went through the crazyness I did loved today
sorry if I missed anyone or you ran away from me *winks* you know
who you are lol

Tc hope we can have a mom's night out soon

Nicole

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:45 pm by Debra

OMG, it was so amazing to see Rhonda, Faysmommy (Nicole), momfit and E&K's Mommy today...I also was spotted by a couple other Mom's that recognized by my avatar picture...hockeymortgagemom (Jessica)...not sure if she is on this board and I think someone else, my girls were consuming me so not everything was registering today Smile...what a fun day out! We were out from 2-8 pm enjoying Fun Fair and the Street Festival!

Back to top Go down

Mommy to 2 little monkeys

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:16 pm by Mommy to 2 little monkeys

We made it out today from about 2-6 and had a fun time! We were able to get the child IDs done which was quite neat. Getting DD's fingerprints to register was not so fun though as they are so little and she is so squirmy. DS loved the bouncies and all the little games they had set up, not to mention the lollipop that was the size of his head, popcorn and a hot dog! Tomorrow will be filled with all healthy food to conteract the junk he consumed today! I did see FaysMommy and Rhonda and wanted to come introduce myself but DD was definitely her on the move mischevious self today so I never got a chance. So if you saw a cute little pink thing run by your booth about 10 times and crazed lady running after her...that was me! Laughing I always love when there are events like this in town and now can't wait for the Strawberry Festival and Canada Day!!!

Back to top Go down

Laura3

Post Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:21 pm by Laura3

We were there as well from about 1030-1230.....so much fun! We were camped out at the Kindermusik booth since Mintgreen's friend was watching our stuff Wink I also didn't get a chance to say hi to anyone as my monkey/monster was running like mad everywhere. He was the little ball of energy with the curly mop of hair wearing a monkey leash thing. I got a few "looks" for having it on him but hey it keeps him safe, so I am all for it. He liked being able to do the games - mini golf especially.....so cute!

Back to top Go down

rhonda

Post Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:27 pm by rhonda

It was great to be beside you Nicole! You were quite the ball of energy with jumping up and say "HI! to everyone.... It was a perfect day and was great to see so many familiar faces out... Debra, it was nice to see you again as you whipped by with your kids... haha

Was a success, and didn't get burnt, but glad to hear you are using the After Sun Replenisher... I think I got the guy next to me who was selling hair clips hooked on it too. It saves my fair skin after the sun.

Anyway... looking through the catalogue to see what yummy treats I want to have for my hubby's b-day party in August... I'll call ya closer to then... he loves spices and the hotter the better...

Back to top Go down

Faysmommy

Post Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:18 pm by Faysmommy

I can tell you Rhonda it worked so well that my sunburn is gone.
Oh and hubby thanks you for letting him use some on the rubber burn on dd butt.

I look forward to talking to you and most hubbys like the hot stuff
<<< not me. Email me any time with questions.
I never knew I could like something so much.

oh if you are putting in an order with all those pink slips, let me know. I need one of those extra emolients or what ever they renamed it.

So glad I did this event so that others could really find out what we do.

Nicole

Back to top Go down

rhonda

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:17 am by rhonda

Not a problem Nicole... I will be putting my order in on Friday.. will order you one. Called the same thing LOL.

Know it is a success for you too, you had lots of people at your booth.

And Wondermom! Loved your pictures, very touching. Way to go to you and all the women at the relay with you.. cold and strong! You go girls!

make it great!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down