WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs
Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WonderMoms Fan Page
Photobucket
Photobucket
WonderMoms Share Button
Similar topics
    Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs on your social bookmarking website

I forgot my password

Latest topics
    » Its been so long!!
    What to do during the summer? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 pm by ltoro

» Oakville Place Farmers Market
    What to do during the summer? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 pm by WonderMom

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
    What to do during the summer? EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:30 am by mommyone

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
    What to do during the summer? EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:27 am by mommyone

» Nature's Biodiversity - what it means to us! on May 9th @ 6:30p.m
    What to do during the summer? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:31 am by MiltonGreen

» MISSISSAUGA MOM TO MOM SALE
    What to do during the summer? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:23 am by mommyone

» Fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis Canada
    What to do during the summer? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm by Lynne

» Burlington Humane Society Fundraiser
    What to do during the summer? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm by WonderMom

» Burlington Mall's Eco-Hero Waste Collection
    What to do during the summer? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm by WonderMom

Statistics
    We have 1120 registered users
    The newest registered user is ASYmom

Our users have posted a total of 133642 messages in 10961 subjects
    May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

What to do during the summer?

Go down

What to do during the summer? Empty What to do during the summer?

Here is our list based on 3 boys aged 6-13

I have added prices

bowling $40 Hopedale
    camping Bronte Creek $40 per night; weekday cheaper; 2 weekends $160
    garage sale $1. per child; have one make $
    Nelson pool $10
    splash pads
    library
    Wonderland $200 with food and parking
    skateboard park opening in West Oak Trails I hear in July
    bike trails
    Drive-in $15 cram your vehicle on Thr
    picnic
    tennis
    McDonalds $25 coupons
    St Catherines; peaches $20
    Scooters roller blading Wed 6-9; Sat 1-5; Sun 3-5 $28.50

Add your ideas for us to check out!!!
    3boysnme
    3boysnme
    Queen Bee WonderMom
    Queen Bee WonderMom

Number of posts : 2024

http://www.aspergers911.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

What to do during the summer? :: Comments

WonderMom

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:13 am by WonderMom

Your going to keep your boys busy!!

Back to top Go down

Happy_mom

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:35 am by Happy_mom

Well this summer.. as usual we do andrew scenic.... farm for berry picking. lowville park......we doing Zoo this summer and then picnic.. trip to Us to visit family.....

Back to top Go down

Mommy to 2 little monkeys

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:05 am by Mommy to 2 little monkeys

Here is our list of to dos this year:

Marineland
    Ontario Place
    Centreville
    Bronte Creek Pool
    Lowville
    Splashpads and more splashpads
    Cottage

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:38 am by WonderMom

Splash pads
    Bronte Pier - probably weekly, they also have a great park by the Lighthouse
    Camping
    Niagara Falls
    camps- soccer and horse back riding camp
    birthday parties
    the ROM especially for my oldest
    tons of playdates to keep my oldest busy
    Bronte Park

Back to top Go down

Em

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:07 am by Em

We'll be doing lots of splash pads and parks for picnic lunches, playdates. I want to check out the Georgetown splashpads, I think, and Nelson park in burlington looks interesting, too. I need to renew my conservation area annual pass.

We'll go to Bronte Creek for a day at some point, and most likely African Lion Safari. We might consider the zoo for a day - my brother lives near the zoo so we'd probably combine it with a visit to him. Also I definitely want to get to the Royal Botanical Gardens in the next couple of weeks to check out the roses and the rock garden, although I'm hoping for slightly cooler weather for that. We're really lucky, my husband gets discounts at most Ontario attractions, which usually means he gets in free, so we only pay for me and the kids, and I always hunt up deals for us. Some places like the the RBG his pass will get us all in free! Which I didn't realize until AFTER we paid full price for the bugs exhibit. Mad

Back to top Go down

lucyhobs

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:11 am by lucyhobs

camping (x2)
    cottage (x3)
    Hornby camp
    Brantford Twin Valley Zoo
    Halton Conservation Pass
    Wasaga Beach day trip
    Splash Pads
    Bronte Creek
    Marineland
    Lowville

Back to top Go down

lucyhobs

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:12 am by lucyhobs

3boysnme - where do you peach pick (I'm assuming) in St. Catherines? I would love to try that!

Back to top Go down

3boysnme

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:42 pm by 3boysnme

They are already picked....all I know is there is a wave park nearby too....the peaches on the side of the road to the left of the highway are the best I ever tasted.

I have never been to lowville...tell me more.

Back to top Go down

Laura3

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:48 pm by Laura3

We have a couple of vacations planned - one camping and one cottage. Other than that, it'll be parks, picnics, splash pads.....maybe a few "big ticket" trips like Wonderland or Centreville. Going to make the most of this summer!!

Back to top Go down

lucyhobs

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:43 am by lucyhobs

Thanks - I think I know the water park you are talking about, so I'm sure I can find the peaches!

Lowville park is BEAUTIFUL!!! (and free) Take Derry west and then turn left at the corner gas station (I forget the name of the street ... someone help me here) There blue provincial signs to mark the directions to the park. The park is at the bottom of the hill and on the left hand side. Your boys will love it there. Don't forget to bring nets and buckets to catch the critters in the river....oh and water shoes are good to remember too!

Back to top Go down

momfit

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:53 am by momfit

Neighbours pool
    Beach - Port Stanley/turkey point ect.....
    BMX Bike Park and maybe Track 2000
    Splash Pad
    Bruce Trail Hiking
    Kelso and lots of it!
    Bike Rides and lots of them!
    Park and Splash Pads
    Sibald Point Provincial Park

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:16 am by Debra

Summer Camp
    Play dates
    Going to the various conservation parks in Halton
    Kelso Beach
    Farmer's Market
    All the various splash parks in Milton
    Plan to check out the parks in Oakville, Burlington and Hamilton
    May check out the High Park Zoo
    Perhaps a trip to Edwards Gardens in Toronto
    May take a boat ride at Toronto's Queen's Quay - I also need to find the schedule of events...in the activity centre for families
    2 weeks of swimming lessons in a private outdoor pool in Mississauga...($55/week/child)
    Great Wolf Lodge
    We were going to go to Centreville for that 2 for 1 deal but with the strike we may not go for it again this year...
    Lots of bike rides Smile, ice cream trips and picnics
    Hopefully, we will get down to Wasaga Beach this summer...we have never taken the girls...

Back to top Go down

MommyG

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:34 pm by MommyG

Debra wrote:
    Hopefully, we will get down to Wasaga Beach this summer...we have never taken the girls...

Debra: just wanted to make a suggestion. I went to Wasaga a few years ago and man what a waste of a day. Wasaga is not what it was years ago. With the fire they had a few years back the main strip is nothing. The beach is sooo small now because of the parking it's just like going to Lake ontario with better water quality. They have so commercialized it with walmart, etc...the new housing where poeple live and are not cottages anymore...ugh

I wanted to suggest to you Sauble. It's awesome there. Clean water....LOADS of beach, you can still even drive your car on the beach in certian areas and the main strip is walkable and lots to see. I also love Sauble falls. You can swim there too.

I know we'll be heading there this summer - sauble that is -P.S. Oh and the tiniest church is on the way - we are not church people, but its great to go in and see it and write you name in the book to say you were there - I think it's still there. Anyone know?

OH yeah and if you are staying over a night or two you can drive into Tobermory and go on the Chichiman boat and tour Flower pot Island...or go on the glass bottom boat rides.....

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:54 pm by Debra

Thanks MommyG, I so appreciate this tip...I have heard a lot of great things about Sauble! Since not being originally from Ontario, I forget about all these amazing beach spots! My DH is not much is a lake person...he will not swim in a lake...the movie "Jaws" really warped his perception of swimming in an open body of water...darn, I love to swim in lakes, love it! Hopefully, I can get my girls to be strong swimmers someday and they will thoroughly enjoy lake swimming as I do! I will definitely replace Wasaga idea to Sauble Beach...the church sounds so cool too!

I came across this other link of things to do with the family and kids this summer...

http://www.theparentlink.ca/familyandkidsevents/index.php?s=100&set=go&cal_date=2007-07-01

Back to top Go down

momfit

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:41 pm by momfit

Sauble beach is beautiful. We spent a week there last summer. I highly recommend it!
    It is, after all, rated the #1 beach in Ontario.

We were in Wasaga a few years back and will go again this year. A bunch of us tend to go up together and we avoid the main beach. We go to a more secluded spot where the kids can run around more and it is not as busy.

The problem with Sauble is that it is sooo far to drive( about 3 1/2 hrs) for a one-dayer. If you plan on staying overnight for a weekend or so, then it is VERY worth it.

Back to top Go down

Duckie

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:21 pm by Duckie

WonderMom wrote:
    the ROM especially for my oldest
    I was thinking the exact same thing! I really want to fit that in.

-We are swimming at Cedar Springs
    -Kids have Way of The Woods Camp
    -They are also spending one week at "Camp Grandma", my MIL's up North.
    -We are travelling further up North for a week to visit DH's Dad.
    -Heading out to my parent's country house in Gananoque to spend a week with Mom and my Sister and all the kids.

As for me... I have a feeling that my sole job this summer will be to wipe up Freezie juice from the floor and wash towels and bathing suits!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:38 pm by HeidiHo

*Sigh* I want Duckie's life.

Back to top Go down

Lynne

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:10 pm by Lynne

Because of the new puppy, this summer will be "light" for us. DH is working all summer anyway so I view it as a write off!

I hope to possibly make it to African Lion Safari once she is house trained since I have a couple of friends who offered to babysit...other than that, we will be doing a few trips to Lowville hopefully and maybe Kelso beach.

It is definitely not an exciting summer that we have planned but as long as the kids are outside, they are happy anyway...thankfully they are easy to please Smile

Back to top Go down

Duckie

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:32 am by Duckie

HeidiHo wrote:*Sigh* I want Duckie's life.
    You can have it! Go ahead, visit my MIL! And spend a week in the Northen Hinterlands of Ontario where the Black Flys are the size of a small car! Razz

Back to top Go down

Duckie

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:33 am by Duckie

Lynne wrote:Because of the new puppy, this summer will be "light" for us. DH is working all summer anyway so I view it as a write off!

I hope to possibly make it to African Lion Safari once she is house trained since I have a couple of friends who offered to babysit...other than that, we will be doing a few trips to Lowville hopefully and maybe Kelso beach.

It is definitely not an exciting summer that we have planned but as long as the kids are outside, they are happy anyway...thankfully they are easy to please Smile
    My son has always called African Lion's Safari "A Frikin' Lion Safari". I know, classy. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Stellaluna

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:44 am by Stellaluna

I " BELIEVE ' that the ROM has reduced admission friday nights after 4.... we've done this a few times and the kids love it. We grab a hot dog on the street and take the train down, the whole thing is an adventure for them.

Back to top Go down

mvdm

Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:12 pm by mvdm

Day Trips to Wonderland, Zoo, The Falls., Parks and African Lion Safari.

Then we have my DD's Birthday Party, and also My DH he will be 35 so I am having a party for him. DD has summer camp for 1 week.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down