WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs
Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WonderMoms Fan Page
Photobucket
Photobucket
WonderMoms Share Button
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs on your social bookmarking website

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Its been so long!!
Summer Camp EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 pm by ltoro

» Oakville Place Farmers Market
Summer Camp EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 pm by WonderMom

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
Summer Camp EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:30 am by mommyone

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
Summer Camp EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:27 am by mommyone

» Nature's Biodiversity - what it means to us! on May 9th @ 6:30p.m
Summer Camp EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:31 am by MiltonGreen

» MISSISSAUGA MOM TO MOM SALE
Summer Camp EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:23 am by mommyone

» Fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis Canada
Summer Camp EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm by Lynne

» Burlington Humane Society Fundraiser
Summer Camp EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm by WonderMom

» Burlington Mall's Eco-Hero Waste Collection
Summer Camp EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm by WonderMom

Statistics
We have 1120 registered users
The newest registered user is ASYmom

Our users have posted a total of 133642 messages in 10961 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

Summer Camp

Go down

Summer Camp Empty Summer Camp

I am encouraging myself to sign my kids up for summer camp this year. I use to go to camp for a week or two and think that is a great experience to have as a child. But I can't remember any of the camps I went to except Circle Square Ranch which is $500 for 5 days and Camp Wihanowin (sp) which is really expensive.

Does anyone send their kids off to summer camp for a week or so and if you do where do you send them?

R
rhonda
rhonda
SuperStar WonderMom
SuperStar WonderMom

Number of posts : 808

http://www.pinkdragons.ca

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Summer Camp :: Comments

Stellaluna

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:08 pm by Stellaluna

I have sent my kids to YMCA Kitchener for the last 5 years, we go to Kiway

http://www.kwymca.org/Contribute/camping/kiway/kiway.asp

3 of them are going this year, including my 6 1/2 year old ( he'll be 3 weeks away from being 7).

They have a really good time, it's monday to sat, loads of activities. We did Bellwood one year, but they didn't like it nearly as much.

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:47 pm by Guest

OMG Stella, that brings me back...I went to Kiway when I was 10, 11, 12. Great, now I feel really old! LOLO!

My kids go to a swim/sport/craft day camp put on by a community center here. It is a really awesome camp. I am so not ready for overnight camp for my guys and being away for weeks....lol..one day!

Back to top Go down

rhonda

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:42 pm by rhonda

I know what you mean NYAM, that is what I am encouraging... overnight camp. It is hard to let them go, but I think they would have a blast. I keep wondering how my mom did it then remember I was number 6/7 (because I am a twin) child... I guess all those fears are old hat :0)

I will look into the YMCA one... that looks fun.

Back to top Go down

Crow

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:48 pm by Crow

Well, it just so happens I filed this today in my Duckie challenge. LOL. This will be my 10 year olds 4th year. If she could only choose 1 camp, this would be it. She LOVES it. Camp Big Canoe located in Bracebridge.
www.campbigcanoe.ca

Good luck! I think these are the memories that will stick later!

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:50 pm by Debra

I know the Town of Milton has an awesome day-camp at Kelso - I can't remember what the group is called! I ran into some of the leaders waiting in line at Swiss Chalet last year and what they described seemed to be an awesome program! They wear yellow t-shirts scratch

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:22 pm by Guest

rhonda wrote:I know what you mean NYAM, that is what I am encouraging... overnight camp. It is hard to let them go, but I think they would have a blast. I keep wondering how my mom did it then remember I was number 6/7 (because I am a twin) child... I guess all those fears are old hat :0)

I will look into the YMCA one... that looks fun.

LOL...I know..One day Rhonda I will find the strength...

We had a pedofile scare when my oldest was 2, the husband of our daycare lady (POLICED CHECKED), we were lucky that time (well lucky in the sense that he preferred little girls, which isn't really lucky at all, since the other daycare children were girls and one was his grandaughter, whom we loved like our own...BASTARD!!!) , but it stays with you. So does the 6 swat members in full gear that showed up looking for him (he lived next door), and so does watching your two year old being interviewed by a police detective, the head of Children's services and and a child pshycologist...ahh...memories!

This Sept he starts Cub camps overnight...I hope I can let him go, I really do...

Back to top Go down

Duckie

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:29 pm by Duckie

My kids went to the camp at Mountsberg last year. They had a phenomenal time. Just fantastic. My kids, who normally do not like to get up or get dressed (as we all know Rolling Eyes ) first thing in the morning, nor do they like to be too far from me, could not wait to go to camp in the morning. The hiked, they swam, the canoed, they did insect research and archeology digs. It's a day camp from 8-ish am until 4 pm and when they got off the bus at the end of the day they were pooped and dirty. To me that is a sign of a good camp. My DD who does not like to walk the dog around the block hiked for two hours from Kelso to Crawford, with a smile on her face. Amazing. They loved it soooo much they are going back for two weeks this year. It's about $200 dollars a week and it's done through Mountsberg Conservation. The little kids camp is called WEE and the big kids camp is WOW but they both run at the same time at the same place and I had one kid in each and they were fine. I'll try and post the link.

Back to top Go down

Duckie

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:32 pm by Duckie

http://www.hrca.on.ca/ShowCategory.cfm?subCatID=1096
Here it is, It's called Way Of The Woods. Awesome camp and they have buses from Milton, Oakville and Burlington.

Back to top Go down

rhonda

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm by rhonda

I am very familiar with Way of the Woods, I use to be one of the interpreters at Mountsberg (another life). That camp is really good.

NYAM, my son is in Cubs and he loves it. The leaders are really good and they always have a blast. I can understand your fears though..... they say we all know a pedifile.... unfortunately I had the same experience, but with my niece... very scary. Never thought that could be the reason I hesitate letting them go. I always thought it was the water that scared me the most.

Anyone else send their kids to overnight camps?

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:38 pm by Debra

Planet Kids at Kelso Conservation Area was the camp I was thinking of!

http://www.planetkids.ca/camps

Back to top Go down

Crow

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:50 pm by Crow

Ps, the overnight camp that I mentioned is Christian based. No seedy people. My in laws volunteer there too.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down