WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs
Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WonderMoms Fan Page
Photobucket
Photobucket
WonderMoms Share Button
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs on your social bookmarking website

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Its been so long!!
***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 pm by ltoro

» Oakville Place Farmers Market
***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 pm by WonderMom

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:30 am by mommyone

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:27 am by mommyone

» Nature's Biodiversity - what it means to us! on May 9th @ 6:30p.m
***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:31 am by MiltonGreen

» MISSISSAUGA MOM TO MOM SALE
***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:23 am by mommyone

» Fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis Canada
***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm by Lynne

» Burlington Humane Society Fundraiser
***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm by WonderMom

» Burlington Mall's Eco-Hero Waste Collection
***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm by WonderMom

Statistics
We have 1120 registered users
The newest registered user is ASYmom

Our users have posted a total of 133642 messages in 10961 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off

Go down

***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off Empty ***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off

I was thinking about this today. If you could recruit a few WM's and collect Food for the Thanksgiving Day Food Drive.

My thoughts were selecting a few days to have drop off locations in Oakville, Milton and Burlington.

Any thoughts ladies.

Last edited by WonderMom on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
WonderMom
WonderMom
Creator/ Admin
Creator/ Admin

Number of posts : 13717

http://www.wondermoms.ca

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off :: Comments

WonderMom

Post Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:26 pm by WonderMom

I dropped off the food today at the Oakville Food Share- not sure if any Milton WM's knew about this collection.

Stats at the Food Share

2009 Jan 387 Families came in does not include people (families)
2009 Feb 370 Families came in " "
2009 Mar 413 Families came in " "

They told me in September they are always at their lowest and need to re stock for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.

Please, please if you can donate food. It is so worth the few cans to spare.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:58 pm by HeidiHo

All right all you Milton Wondermoms, the only box I have so far is mine! I hope to see many of you tomorrow. If for some reason I have to run out, please leave your items on my doorstep. I will not be gone for long.

Back to top Go down

Crow

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:12 pm by Crow

Any ladies who want to do this but might have trouble getting food to one of the drop-offs, they need $ too. You could just paypal Wondermom. Here is part of the article from the Oakville Beaver:

While all types of non-perishable foods are welcome, the items most needed include: canned fruit and vegetables, cooking oil, instant coffee, tea (not herbal), canned whole potatoes, canned stew, dry and canned pasta, saltine soda crackers, spaghetti and baked beans. Donations of laundry powder and diapers (#5 and 6) would also be appreciated.
If you don’t give food, monetary donations are also welcome as they are vital to Fareshare’s annual, daily operation in that the funds are used to provide vouchers redeemable at local grocery stores for milk and fresh fruit.
With half of Fareshare’s clients children, mothers of children are top priority for the vouchers.
In 2008, $29,000 worth of such vouchers were redeemed for milk and fruit. In addition, Fareshare also spent $68,000 for perishable food such as ground beef, chicken, wieners, fish and cheese. Another $5,200 was spent on apples and $7,500 on personal care items such as toothpaste, soap and toilet paper.

Back to top Go down

Brandi

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:46 pm by Brandi

That's fantastic!

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:40 pm by WonderMom

***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off Getatt14

Back to top Go down

thai

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:18 pm by thai

WonderMom wrote:I have a full trunk load of food from my tweet up this morning at the Oakville Williams Coffee Pub, what a get kick start to our WM Food Drive.

WooHoo -- Three Cheers to the Oakville Moms meet up! ***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off Icon_cheers ***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off Icon_cheers ***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off Icon_cheers

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:00 pm by WonderMom

I have a full trunk load of food from my tweet up this morning at the Oakville Williams Coffee Pub, what a get kick start to our WM Food Drive.

Back to top Go down

thai

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:28 pm by thai

Brandi wrote:
WonderMom wrote:Tomorrow the WonderMoms food drive will be off to a great start, as I am attending this event tomorrow.

https://wondermoms.forumotion.com/wondermom-social-events-f58/meet-me-at-williams-for-coffee-with-friends-t5848.htm

I posted on Twitter if people could bring food donations, I have had an overwhelming response.

After tomorrow we should pick dates.

Heidi would date can Milton members drop off food to you. Anyone else, Thai, Brandi you could help me maybe deliver the food we get tomorrow.

Sounds good...just let me know when you need me ***WonderMoms Food Drive*** Days Picked for Drop Off Icon_smile

Me too!!

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:07 pm by HeidiHo

For Milton:

897 Morley Avenue
(905)878-6809

All day Wednesday
All day Thursday

Just a quick reminder for everyone, Thanksgiving and Christmas are the two holidays when they get most of their food for the whole year. Baby food is something that is always in demand and usually short in supply. This is a list of their most wanted items:

Baby Food
Infant Formula
Canned meat
Canned Beans
Whole Grain Cereals
Canned Soup
Canned Fruits & Vegetables
Peanut Butter

I look forward to seeing all the Milton WonderMoms!

Back to top Go down

Brandi

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:56 pm by Brandi

WonderMom wrote:Tomorrow the WonderMoms food drive will be off to a great start, as I am attending this event tomorrow.

https://wondermoms.forumotion.com/wondermom-social-events-f58/meet-me-at-williams-for-coffee-with-friends-t5848.htm

I posted on Twitter if people could bring food donations, I have had an overwhelming response.

Heidi would date can Milton members drop off food to you. Anyone else, Thai, Brandi you could help me maybe deliver the food we get tomorrow.

Sounds good...just let me know when you need me Smile

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:31 pm by WonderMom

Unbound wrote:This is a great idea ladies! Whatever help you need I am there!

Any ideas up your way...

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:29 pm by WonderMom

Tomorrow the WonderMoms food drive will be off to a great start, as I am attending this event tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

thai

Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:30 pm by thai

I'm in...
I'll volunteer my house for a drop off location WM...or I can help you separate food...or I can help you do the drop off...
What can I do?

Back to top Go down

Brandi

Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:08 pm by Brandi

I love this idea. I'll help however I can as well.

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:54 pm by WonderMom

We should pick dates soon!

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:37 pm by Guest

This is a great idea ladies! Whatever help you need I am there!

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:00 pm by WonderMom

HeidiHo wrote:Were you thinking about having a drop off at locations where anyone can drop off like a grocery store etc? Or were you looking for people to offer being a drop off?

If you are looking for a drop off place, I am more than willing to offer up my place. If you are looking for someone to work at a location, I am on board!

I guess what I am saying is I am on board, but I am not creative at all =(

I was thinking Grocery Stores, but members places might be easier- if we pick days and times for drop offs.

I could offer the Oakville one

Once all the drop offs are done, we could deliver them to FoodShare, the Food Bank etc.

Still trying to figure out the details. Tips, ideas, volunteers all welcome.

thai wrote:I'll help....what are we doing, how are we doing it?!

Back to top Go down

thai

Post Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:34 pm by thai

I'll help....what are we doing, how are we doing it?!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:23 pm by HeidiHo

Were you thinking about having a drop off at locations where anyone can drop off like a grocery store etc? Or were you looking for people to offer being a drop off?

If you are looking for a drop off place, I am more than willing to offer up my place. If you are looking for someone to work at a location, I am on board!

I guess what I am saying is I am on board, but I am not creative at all =(

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down