WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs
Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WonderMoms Fan Page
Photobucket
Photobucket
WonderMoms Share Button
Similar topics
    Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs on your social bookmarking website

I forgot my password

Latest topics
    » Its been so long!!
    Relay for Life in Memory of Joshua EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 pm by ltoro

» Oakville Place Farmers Market
    Relay for Life in Memory of Joshua EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 pm by WonderMom

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
    Relay for Life in Memory of Joshua EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:30 am by mommyone

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
    Relay for Life in Memory of Joshua EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:27 am by mommyone

» Nature's Biodiversity - what it means to us! on May 9th @ 6:30p.m
    Relay for Life in Memory of Joshua EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:31 am by MiltonGreen

» MISSISSAUGA MOM TO MOM SALE
    Relay for Life in Memory of Joshua EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:23 am by mommyone

» Fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis Canada
    Relay for Life in Memory of Joshua EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm by Lynne

» Burlington Humane Society Fundraiser
    Relay for Life in Memory of Joshua EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm by WonderMom

» Burlington Mall's Eco-Hero Waste Collection
    Relay for Life in Memory of Joshua EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm by WonderMom

Statistics
    We have 1120 registered users
    The newest registered user is ASYmom

Our users have posted a total of 133642 messages in 10961 subjects
    May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

Relay for Life in Memory of Joshua

Go down

Relay for Life in Memory of Joshua Empty Relay for Life in Memory of Joshua

Good Evening Ladies!!!

I am a part of the "Starshine Team" in the Milton Relay for Life and we are doing the relay in remembrance of little Joshua that was taken away from his family at the very young age of 2. I was very moved and saddened by the story of Joshua and his parents, as i'm sure every other WM was, and therefore I feel VERY honoured to be doing this walk in his memory. Although I do not know the family personally I join fellow WonderMoms Mint Green, Shelby, AnGe, and 4littleones in the fight against this horrible disease that took little Joshua so early in his life.

We are planning on decorating our tent town with Thomas the Train as this was Joshua's favourite toy and we will proudly be wearing the Childhood Cancer Awareness t-shirts that were designed in memory of Joshua. We are asking that if anyone has any Thomas items (ie. posters, blankets, signs etc.) that they would like to lend us for the night of June19th to help decorate then we would greatly appreciate it. The more Thomas decorations the better! Please PM me if you are able to help us.

Also if anyone would like to support us in our Relay for Life in Honour of Joshua we thank you in advance! Please follow this link and sponsor any of the Starshine team members. http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFL_ON_Milton_?team_id=142420&pg=team&fr_id=3356&fl=en_CA&et=RtC9eb8y2lZ1QC0cOMMRiQ..&s_tafId=41321

If anyone would like to pop by on June 19th and visit us at the Milton fair Grounds we would love to see you!

Thanks

Andrea and the entire Starshine Team
    Mommy to 2 little monkeys
    Queen Bee WonderMom
    Queen Bee WonderMom

Number of posts : 2565

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Relay for Life in Memory of Joshua :: Comments

WonderMom

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:03 pm by WonderMom

Wow that is awesome ladies, it is an amazing event. I wish you luck and Andrea I will drop off some money soon!!

Back to top Go down

LancashireWitch

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:17 pm by LancashireWitch

I have loads of thomas stuff around here somewhere, would be more than happy to lend them to you for this event. Let me see what I can lend (without ds seeing/knowing.......he's very possesive of his things!) and I'll post the items and see if you are interested.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:25 pm by Mommy to 2 little monkeys

Thanks WM - let me know if you need my addy! LOL

LancashireWitch - anything you could lend us would be great! Thx

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:20 am by WonderMom

Mommy to 2 little monkeys wrote:Thanks WM - let me know if you need my addy! LOL

Umm no I think I can find it!!! Wink

Back to top Go down

Brandi

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:22 am by Brandi

That is fantastic! Good luck. I don't have any Thomas stuff, but I think one of my good girlfriends does...her little guy is obsessed as well. I will ask her if she has anything that she is able to lend out and let you know.

Back to top Go down

my3sons

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:56 pm by my3sons

Beautiful!!! Will be emotion filled for sure!
    I do have Thomas stuff... mostly just the toys but do not drive or live nearby... my Joshua (who is now a teen) loved his Thomas trains more than anything... I held onto them for his brothers to use... and while they have gotten some good fun with them... nothing like the love Josh had for all of his engines. When I first read of this little angel... it made me think back to when Josh never went anywhere without a train or two in hand.

Back to top Go down

Kal

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:30 pm by Kal

Best Wishes to the wonderful ladies on the Starshine team!!

Back to top Go down

LancashireWitch

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:04 pm by LancashireWitch

Here are two things that I have to offer right now....I'll find more when I make my way up to the attic tomorrow (if I have more! ) I should add here that this first picture is a painting I did of james. There is a bee to go on his nose as I painted it for my ds's birthday party (like a pin the tail on the donkey game). The second photo is of a sheet that I have in my sewing bin, I have more sheets if you need as well.

Relay for Life in Memory of Joshua 100_2029

Relay for Life in Memory of Joshua 100_2030

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down