WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs
Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WonderMoms Fan Page
Photobucket
Photobucket
WonderMoms Share Button
Similar topics
    Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs on your social bookmarking website

I forgot my password

Latest topics
    » Its been so long!!
    Wondermom first gathering EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 pm by ltoro

» Oakville Place Farmers Market
    Wondermom first gathering EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 pm by WonderMom

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
    Wondermom first gathering EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:30 am by mommyone

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
    Wondermom first gathering EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:27 am by mommyone

» Nature's Biodiversity - what it means to us! on May 9th @ 6:30p.m
    Wondermom first gathering EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:31 am by MiltonGreen

» MISSISSAUGA MOM TO MOM SALE
    Wondermom first gathering EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:23 am by mommyone

» Fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis Canada
    Wondermom first gathering EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm by Lynne

» Burlington Humane Society Fundraiser
    Wondermom first gathering EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm by WonderMom

» Burlington Mall's Eco-Hero Waste Collection
    Wondermom first gathering EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm by WonderMom

Statistics
    We have 1120 registered users
    The newest registered user is ASYmom

Our users have posted a total of 133642 messages in 10961 subjects
    May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

Wondermom first gathering

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wondermom first gathering Empty Wondermom first gathering

Hi Mom!!

Few of the moms with whom I made friends from MM get together once in a month ( we try to atleast) either at someone place, for potlucks or at a restuarants .. I was wondering if there are any other moms out there who would like to join in... What do you all think? I Can organize it if you all want.
    Happy_mom
    Happy_mom
    SuperStar WonderMom
    SuperStar WonderMom

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Wondermom first gathering :: Comments

Debra

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:11 pm by Debra

Happy Mom is the best social convenor - I elect you! I like gatherings were we are doing an activity. If I am sitting around all night - drinking, eating & talking - I get tired. I would love to attend a gathering if there is an activity of some sort!

Back to top Go down

Happy_mom

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:14 pm by Happy_mom

Debra..u into mind reading??? gosh I was just thinking about it......and was wondering that once I get response I will put my suggestion..
    I was thinking of how about we share our talents...for example if someone is good at baking......then she can teach us to bake....or may I can do a cooking class........or may be we can do some craft..like u making the wreath....
    It would be great.....we can always.....have something to nibble and also drink .......

Back to top Go down

Kal

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:19 pm by Kal

Something creative..sounds like fun!

Back to top Go down

mapsgirl

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:21 pm by mapsgirl

I'm looking forward to meeting new peopel in my area. This would be fun!

What about outtings with the families too?

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:22 pm by Debra

Debra wrote:Happy Mom is the best social convenor - I elect you! I like gatherings where we are doing an activity. If I am sitting around all night - drinking, eating & talking - I get tired. I would love to attend a gathering if there is an activity of some sort!

Back to top Go down

Anonymous

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:25 pm by Guest

has anyone done paintballing..i have never been. i think it is a bit expensive though not sure

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:34 pm by Debra

I have done paint ball a few times - it is fun but it can also hurt...

I was in Air Cadets for many years and we used to play this game called The War Game. Basically 2 army's, 2 prisoner circles held in a forest. The objective is to capture the other team members - the team that captures the most prisoners - WINS - there are many other rules to follow. This game can get really competitive&fun - not too sure if it would work since most of us can only really get together in the evening.

Unbound wrote:has anyone done paintballing..i have never been. i think it is a bit expensive though not sure

Back to top Go down

Happy_mom

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:43 pm by Happy_mom

I guess summer we can do the picnic....how about we do a picnic on a weekend with families........
    debra I like ur idea......guess it can be a family gathering

Back to top Go down

bernadette

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:44 pm by bernadette

count me in on an active get together!
    although ... sitting around eating and drinking is one of my favourite activities too Wink

Back to top Go down

Happy_mom

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:55 pm by Happy_mom

great..so lets get it started different stuff

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:02 pm by WonderMom

Count me in, I love to meet new people!

Back to top Go down

momfit

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:06 pm by momfit

I would love to get together with some women. personally, I prefer without the kids but I'm up to anything. I would do an activity or not, both sound good. If anyone is interested, I'de be open to offering my services for one session, it may be fun and we could go for drinks afterwards???
    Just an idea!

Back to top Go down

Happy_mom

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:17 pm by Happy_mom

Yeh we do try to do things like the ladies night out without the kids.....
    Play dates are organized too.....
    I m just trying to get in different ideas so that I can figure out what exactly most of the moms are looking out for
    I have few suggestions
    1. we can do one only where we girls meets up for drink or potluck
    2. creative
    3. family gatherings..

Back to top Go down

supermom

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:18 pm by supermom

A pot luck thing sounds good or even just meeting up for a drink somewhere (minus kiddies I hope)
    Does anyone have any idea of what city we are planning this in?

Back to top Go down

Faysmommy

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:12 pm by Faysmommy

Wondermom is there a poll we can put together on here.
    I swear people are reading minds. I think 50 post ago today I said we should all get together. I want to see that eye of unbounds up close lol
    I put together a ladies night out a bit ago for Awkward and lonely moms. It has been doing pretty well.

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:16 pm by WonderMom

Faysmommy wrote:Wondermom is there a poll we can put together on here.
    I swear people are reading minds. I think 50 post ago today I said we should all get together. I want to see that eye of unbounds up close lol
    I put together a ladies night out a bit ago for Awkward and lonely moms. It has been doing pretty well.

PM me what you would like in the poll and I will put one up! Smile

Back to top Go down

Faysmommy

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:18 pm by Faysmommy

This one belings to happy mom I was just trying to help so that everyone can vote and then it can be narrowed down to what people would like to do. Basketball

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:20 pm by Debra

How about a cooking class at the Superstore?

Back to top Go down

momfit

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:26 pm by momfit

I like that idea. Better yet, why don't YOU give us a cooking class!! You've always got those yummy recipes your making!!!! Smile

Back to top Go down

momfit

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:27 pm by momfit

Maybe one day when I make a healthy recipe book to go along with my business, I'll hire you to make all te recipes. hehehe

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:38 pm by WonderMom

Debra wrote:How about a cooking class at the Superstore?

Love that idea!!

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:50 pm by Debra

You are too kind...I am really a recipe follower...but I have a great eye for recipes and I love to experiment to take on new challenges with new dishes, etc. Smile

momfit wrote:Maybe one day when I make a healthy recipe book to go along with my business, I'll hire you to make all te recipes. hehehe

Back to top Go down

rhonda

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:52 pm by rhonda

I am up for just about anything, although I love to dance! I would be game for a get together, not sure on the talents, but I am sure I could come up with something.... hoola hoop or something.

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:14 pm by Debra

I love to dance too...please let me lose 10 lbs 1st, so I look a little better in a club outfit Cool

Back to top Go down

Happy_mom

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:33 am by Happy_mom

So why don't we decide on our first get- together..I was just thinking the first one we can do just so that we can know each other...a nice potluck or a drink somewhere.... I am sure there are other moms who would like to meet up......There are quite a few I know here but would love to meet others

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:36 am by Debra

I say a potluck...even though I was the one that suggested something different. It will be easier and less expensive for all to participate.

I was planning on an Epicure Party in November...would that count as a get-together? Smile

Back to top Go down

mapsgirl

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:38 am by mapsgirl

Too bad the new Wild Wings in Milton isn't open yet. That would have been a fun place to meet up.

Back to top Go down

Happy_mom

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:46 am by Happy_mom

I vote cafe deda...or symposim...or.......boston pizza......or POTLUCK..my all time fav..........
    I m sure a epicure party can be counted as get together:)..

Back to top Go down

twins2007

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:01 am by twins2007

Can I get in on this too?!?!? I'd love to meet some new faces (and see some old ones). Laughing

Back to top Go down

Faysmommy

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:03 am by Faysmommy

who you calling old?

Back to top Go down

Happy_mom

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:05 am by Happy_mom

All are welcome............would love meeting new ppl.....and ofcourse 2007 we have met before right?

Back to top Go down

bernadette

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:08 am by bernadette

count me in for a potluck Smile do we need a location?

Back to top Go down

E&K's Mommy

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:09 am by E&K's Mommy

I am up to meeting as well! I've met a few of you wonderful women before but never had the chance to really get to know you! I'm really looking forward to that! Smile Debra, although we haven't met yet, I've heard so many wonderful things about you! I can't wait to meet you also! Smile

Back to top Go down

Happy_mom

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:09 am by Happy_mom

yeh we need a location........I have too many things happening in my house..in the month of october and november so can't volunteer this time but can do the next potluck at my place.........

Back to top Go down

Faysmommy

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:11 am by Faysmommy

oh no I can't cook j/k
    I met Debra last night actually we had to get close and personal real fast lol Already felt like I knew her through her post. Very nice lady.

Back to top Go down

bernadette

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:13 am by bernadette

i can host.. but it will have to wait until at least mid november. we are really booked up until then! we could make it a kick off to the christmas season!

Back to top Go down

Faysmommy

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am by Faysmommy

What about the resturaunt on Mill street why can't I think of the name??? they have a bar and area upstairs you can get so no one else can come up. It wouldnt be pot luck I am sure we could get desserts snuck up
    was just thinking Oct Nov is busy and this would get a spot for everyone???

Back to top Go down

Happy_mom

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:24 am by Happy_mom

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Happy mom thinking......... Arrow can she or can't she volunteer the house...........mmmmm

Back to top Go down

hockeymortgagemom

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:45 am by hockeymortgagemom

please count me in too....it would depend on the date though....we just moved in so I can't volunteer this time, but would love to once we get more settled.

Back to top Go down

bernadette

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:48 am by bernadette

o.k... i could host on Nov 1st or the 14th. is that too long to wait? it won't hurt my feelings if you ladies want to get together sooner...

Back to top Go down

Happy_mom

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:50 am by Happy_mom

November 1st mmmmmmmmmmmm sounds good but I know I can't make it.....but if other moms can make it go ahead..I know it will be not easy to get everyone together..........so what ever works good for majority is good.......

Back to top Go down

E&K's Mommy

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:00 am by E&K's Mommy

I can't do the 1st either but I'm free for the 14th! Smile

Back to top Go down

rhonda

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:07 am by rhonda

Either works for me... I would volunteer but my house is small.

Back to top Go down

bernadette

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:17 am by bernadette

i just thought of something... we are not all from milton on this site. ladies from oakville, hamilton, etc... you are very welcome to come to my place, but would it be easier to have a get together somewhere in between? then it would have to be a reastaurant...

Back to top Go down

Duckie

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:37 am by Duckie

I want to go but I'm too shy. Seriously.

Back to top Go down

Happy_mom

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:38 am by Happy_mom

Duckie wrote:I want to go but I'm too shy. Seriously.

Duckie hang around with us for once and u will never want to miss it..........!!! come on join us.......

Back to top Go down

rhonda

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:42 am by rhonda

Duckie, you can hang out with me.... I will even come and get you so you can walk in with someone. How about that.

Back to top Go down

bernadette

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:44 am by bernadette

Crying or Very sad i could totally see a large gathering like this of essentially strangers being a bit overwhelming. but i do really want you to joing us! what if you met one or 2 of us for coffee first, then you would at least have some friendly faces to make you feel more comfortable. you can start with me :-) i'm off mondays and tuesdays if daytime works better for you...
    i do get a bit chatty at social gatherings but that's mostly a coping mechanism for my nervousness!

Back to top Go down

Duckie

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:48 am by Duckie

You guys are soooo nice. I'm so happy I was banned (rebel bad a** that I am). Thanks for all the offers, I feel almost popular now! Bernadette, I'll take you up on that coffee sometime and Rhonda I'd love to go with you.Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next