WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs
Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WonderMoms Fan Page
Photobucket
Photobucket
WonderMoms Share Button
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs on your social bookmarking website

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Its been so long!!
The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! :) EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 pm by ltoro

» Oakville Place Farmers Market
The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! :) EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 pm by WonderMom

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! :) EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:30 am by mommyone

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! :) EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:27 am by mommyone

» Nature's Biodiversity - what it means to us! on May 9th @ 6:30p.m
The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! :) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:31 am by MiltonGreen

» MISSISSAUGA MOM TO MOM SALE
The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! :) EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:23 am by mommyone

» Fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis Canada
The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! :) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm by Lynne

» Burlington Humane Society Fundraiser
The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! :) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm by WonderMom

» Burlington Mall's Eco-Hero Waste Collection
The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! :) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm by WonderMom

Statistics
We have 1120 registered users
The newest registered user is ASYmom

Our users have posted a total of 133642 messages in 10961 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! :)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! :) Empty The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! :)

The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! :) Villag11

Hey ladies,

Hope this isn't too big. Smile Just wanted to let you all know about Milton's first ever, Milton Egg Drop!! It's happening at 10 am on Good Friday and will hopefully be alot of fun for the whole family!!

Everything is FREE!!! Coffee, snacks, balloons, face painting, clowns, and most importantly, easter eggs and candy!!!!

The plastic eggs will be dropped from a hot air balloon (weather permitting) and raffle prizes given away throughout the morning!! There will also be hot air balloon rides offered (weather permitting as well)!

Check out www.miltoneggdrop.ca for more information!

Hope to see you there!!!

Last edited by lovely on Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add info)
lovely
Star WonderMom
Star WonderMom

Number of posts : 459

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!! :) :: Comments

Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:39 pm by lovely

Ok, so I guess the picture got cut off... scratch , but check out the website for more information. Or ask questions here!

Oh, and the Milton Fire Dept. will be there as well. They will be dropping the eggs from their bucket if the weather doesn't permit for the hot air balloon. Smile

This is all happening at the Milton Fairgrounds at 10am on Good Friday. Hope to see you there!

Back to top Go down

momfit

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:53 pm by momfit

Hey Everyone,

For real though, this will be a GREAT event for the community. An actual Air Balloon will be dropping THOUSANDS of easter eggs out of the sky for your little ones to grab and redeem for FREE, YES< FREE stuff like candy ect.....

The whole event will be free and I am soo looking forward to taking my kids on good friday. What else am I going to do with them?
It's nice to see events like this popping up in Milton now for all of us to enjoy, especially when you are on a tight budget!!!
It's FREE!!!!

See you all there!

Hey norwexmom and Luckygirl and KBUG, if you guys aren't working, we should meet up and hang out together!

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:01 pm by Debra

That looks like fun! I will try to drop by in the morning with my girls and hopefully, hubby Smile! Thanks for posting Smile

Back to top Go down

Kbug

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:07 pm by Kbug

I'll be there. It sounds like a tonne of fun. We'll try to hook up with you Momfit and crew!

Back to top Go down

Zoza

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:52 pm by Zoza

We are really looking forward to it too!

See you all there!

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:08 am by LauraJK

We're planning on being there too. Sounds like fun!

Back to top Go down

momfit

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:45 am by momfit

Hey Kbug, Is your hubby going to be with you or is he manning the truck???

LauraJK, I'de love to meet you! We should try to set up a time and place and meet each other, face to face, via human contact, no computer! LOL Razz

Debra, I am glad I might see you there. Maybe I'll get to meet your beautiful little girls!

For everyone else who may come, I'll be the hyper chick socializing with everyone and anyone with two busy boys beside me running around! Laughing

Say Hi!

Back to top Go down

Kbug

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:52 am by Kbug

momfit wrote:
For everyone else who may come, I'll be the hyper chick socializing with everyone and anyone with two busy boys beside me running around! Laughing
Say Hi!

That could be me too!

Hubby will be manning the truck.

We should make a meeting spot. It wouls be nice to catch up with you all.

Back to top Go down

momfit

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:03 am by momfit

Kbug wrote:
momfit wrote:
Say Hi!

That could be me too!

Hubby will be manning the truck.

We should make a meeting spot. It wouls be nice to catch up with you all.

Yes, that's true, it could be you!!! Well, if we are together I can say the two hyper chicks socializing with everyone ect.....

If your hubby is manning the truck, maybe we'll get an INSIDERS view of the truck, you know, where no man has gone before ect..... LOL What I mean is , preferential treatment!!! HAHAHA Just Kidding!

Back to top Go down

thai

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:01 pm by thai

Sounds like a great event...wish we didn't have plans already!!!

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:21 pm by HeidiHo

Does anyone know if it is just one big drop, or are they going to do a few for different age groups?

Back to top Go down

momfit

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:27 pm by momfit

Hey Heidi Ho,

The way it will work is that they will fence or tape off a huge area of the field. They will have quite a few eggs already spread out but the kids won't be able to get to them right away. At around 10am, they will drop the rest of the thousand or so eggs out of the hot air balloon ( weather permitting) and will then untape/unfence the area for the parents and children to go and grab the eggs. Each egg will have tickets inside that the kids /parents then go and redeem at tents for prizes ie. candy and stuff.
There will be free coffee, snacks and so on! The fire truck will be there, free hot air balloon rides ( weather permitting) ad face painting ect.....

it should prove to be a great and fun event to bring the kiddies too!

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:30 pm by Debra

OMG, that is just incredible! There is no-way that I going to miss this Smile...

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:30 pm by HeidiHo

That sounds perfect! I think we will be going. Just wanted to make sure if it was all ages that parents could go with the little ones into the egg area.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:14 pm by lovely

Yes, the parents will be encouraged to go in with the kiddies! We want to make this a fun, safe event for everyone, so there will be lots of instruction as to the what/how/when's everything will happen.

And don't forget! There will be a raffle as well, and I've heard what some of the prizes will be!! They are awesome!! Smile So glad so many families from this site will be there! We're sooo excited about it!!! Hope to meet/see some of you there!

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:44 am by lovely

Just wanted to explain quickly what has been decided in terms of what eggs to drop from the sky...we toyed with the idea of dropping the actual candy from the sky, but were quite sure that alot of it would get trampled on, squished, and ruined. So, there will be approx. 2000 plastic eggs dropped from the balloon, each with a paper with a number inside. The kiddies can then bring those eggs to the redemption tents to redeem their candy, as well as automatically be entered into our raffle (so, hang onto those papers!).

There are alot of great prizes and I have 'inside' information from a reliable source that one of the biggest prizes is a NEW DSi!! cheers

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:16 am by Debra

Wow, I think this is going to be a big turnout and guess what?! It is going up to 8 degrees with some sunshine on Good Friday! My girls also received a postcard about the event at Bronte Street School yesterday...lots of people are talking about going Smile!

Back to top Go down

Laura3

Post Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:02 am by Laura3

It sounds very neat! We are planning to be there Smile

Back to top Go down

rhp29

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:52 am by rhp29

I'm going with the family, and I have a whole bunch of my friends coming too!! I can't wait!! My dd is counting down the sleeps "2 more sleeps mamma, before the eggs fall down from the sky!!" And this started a week ago!! See you all there!

Back to top Go down

mapsgirl

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:32 am by mapsgirl

Looks like we're coming too!

Are we all going to try to meet up at some point?

Back to top Go down

Kbug

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:55 am by Kbug

I think we should. Where though? It's a huge empty field with a few random buildings!

We have to pick a landmark and a time I guess. We could choose to meet near the firetruck since our kids will be flocking to it anyhow. Just a thought....any other ideas on where to meet there?

Back to top Go down

mapsgirl

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:14 pm by mapsgirl

Ya, a firetruck is fairly noticeable.

Do we want to meet up at 10am? What time is the actual drop occurring?

Back to top Go down

Brandi

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:22 pm by Brandi

Oh fun..sounds like it's going to be a great day!! Is it all ages friendly? I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile for my 15 month old.

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:31 pm by Debra

Sure we will meet at the firetruck...looking forward to meeting some more WonderMoms!

Back to top Go down

mapsgirl

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:36 pm by mapsgirl

Brandi - Even if your 15 month old doesn't get anything out of it, you will. We'll all hang out and enjoy each others company! It's gonna be fun!

Back to top Go down

momfit

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:19 pm by momfit

I'll be there the whole time. Actually, I'll be there early to help set up. I will try to be at the frietruck at around 10am, unless they need me for anything.

Maybe I should wear a sign that says "MOMFIT HERE, COME TALK TO ME!" Laughing

Back to top Go down

mapsgirl

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:32 pm by mapsgirl

That would work too!

Back to top Go down

Shelby

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:47 pm by Shelby

We would have loved to be there but sadly we have church at 11:00 ... Crying or Very sad Hope all you Wondermoms have fun!

Back to top Go down

mapsgirl

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:52 pm by mapsgirl

We wanted to attend our Good Friday service but there is no Sunday School. I couldn't get my kids to sit still for a whole service.

I'm feeling a little better since this event is being run by Church. Close enough, right?

Back to top Go down

Shelby

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:08 pm by Shelby

It's the opposite for us ... we usually make the kids sit through the mass with no children's program on Sundays. On Friday there will be a children's program so no way will they miss that!

Back to top Go down

mapsgirl

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:12 pm by mapsgirl

That's nice that you have a kids program on Good Friday. It makes sense since everyone is not working that day! Hope the kids have fun!

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:22 pm by WonderMom

mapsgirl wrote:We wanted to attend our Good Friday service but there is no Sunday School. I couldn't get my kids to sit still for a whole service.

I'm feeling a little better since this event is being run by Church. Close enough, right?

No Sunday School on Good Friday, but on Sunday the kids go downstairs for the entire hour!

Back to top Go down

mapsgirl

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:37 pm by mapsgirl

WonderMom wrote:
mapsgirl wrote:We wanted to attend our Good Friday service but there is no Sunday School. I couldn't get my kids to sit still for a whole service.

No Sunday School on Good Friday, but on Sunday the kids go downstairs for the entire hour!

Yes, and the great people who vollunteer downstairs do really neat crafts with the kids. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Shelby

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:26 pm by Shelby

Thanks! I hope they do too ... although in no way will it compare to an egg drop, I'm sure. I'll just have to make sure not to mention to them what they're missing!

Back to top Go down

Em

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:35 pm by Em

Looks like we'll be there tomorrow! Can't wait to get the monsters out of the house. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:45 pm by Debra

Great Em - I hope to run into y'all

Back to top Go down

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:38 pm by lovely

I am sooooo excited!!! Just got home from putting up some signs and doing lots of last minute prep!! cheers

Praying sooo hard that the winds will stay under 9 km/h, so we can go with plan A: the hot air balloon!!! Plan B: the firetruck bucket dropping the eggs will be cool too, but we are all hoping and praying that plan A goes off without a hitch!

Hoping to meet some of you wondermoms! I'll have to find momfit and get her to introduce us! Very Happy

Happy Easter everyone!!!!! albino

Back to top Go down

NHI

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:10 am by NHI

We were planning on going, but MIL is arriving at noon tomorrow... and we have to clean clean clean!!!! Eeeeep!

Another time... Have fun ladies!

Back to top Go down

rhp29

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:11 am by rhp29

So, Alli now your not coming, not fun!! I guess we'll see eachother another time!! Have fun with MIL!!

Back to top Go down

mapsgirl

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:11 am by mapsgirl

For those of you who are going.... the plan is to meet at the firetruck at 10am!!!

See you then!

Back to top Go down

Crow

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:13 pm by Crow

We just got back and what a great turn-out! SO BUSY! We got there early though so got to enjoy some stuff before the lines got too big. Sorry I missed the meet up. We were in a prime location, right in front of the balloon, but bailed out before the hunt. It was just me and my 5 year old and I was a little afraid I would lose her during the hunt! Very cute and fun!

Back to top Go down

Em

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:43 pm by Em

That crowd was something! We bailed before they started dropping because DD1 was a bit freaked out by the crowd and wanted to stay in the stroller anyway. But we had a lovely walk (we live near the fairgrounds) and saw Kristi and a few other people who I'm not sure if they post here or not Embarassed.

Back to top Go down

mapsgirl

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:58 pm by mapsgirl

We were there and ran into Debra! So nice to finally meet you and your family.

We didn't do the drop either...Rachel was overwhelmed by the whole thing and Lauren would have gotten trampled. Too bad they couldn't get the balloom up.

I think next time we need a Wondermom's sign so we know where to meet up.

Crow and Em - Sorry I missed you...next time!!

Back to top Go down

Mommy to 2 little monkeys

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:24 pm by Mommy to 2 little monkeys

We ended up going with our neighbours. It was very overwhelming for DD but we stayed for the eggs as DS wanted to get one. He didn't end up getting one but a nice little boy (i'd say around 10ish) walked by DD and I and asked if she wanted one of his eggs b/c he had 2! I was impressed and happy that there are still sweet kids out there. He was the opposite of the bigger kids that were around us waiting for the drop...they were picking up the pre-scattered eggs and taking the paper slips out of them and throwing them back on the field. Thankfully a man around us told them what they were doing were wrong. I did find it quite humorous when there was the false start and all the kiddies stormed the field!!! I was happy to see that most parents had their kids put the eggs back. I think the turnout was great and it is a fantastic idea h/e I think to avoid the chaos next year we will just throw eggs out our bedroom window into the backyard for the kiddies!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Kbug

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:44 pm by Kbug

I was there too. Saw a few Wondermoms and others around. I was primarily by the firetruck but even that landmark was too busy to find people. The crowds were crazy. Good for the organization who put it together as this was there first attempt. They definatley did something right to attact such a crowd!

We did not get any eggs either. I thought at least I had a chance as hubby was one of the firefighters in the bucket throwing them out. He couldn't find me in the mass of people. There were some people who gave us extras which was awfully nice.

I know there were a few Wondermoms that were volunteering at this event and thanks for your efforts.

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:53 pm by Debra

Our family really enjoyed the event! I had a really good visit with so many people, including mapsgirl's family Smile!

We are so grateful for the effort that the Village Church made to congregate the community on such a special day! Thanks to everyone that made a contribution to make this event happen!

Back to top Go down

Laura3

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:05 pm by Laura3

We were there too but didn't get a chance to look for anyone....it was crazy busy! We were supposed to meet up with a friend and her fam but we never ended up finding them! DD stood on the fence so she could see, but we kept DS in his stroller...I was afraid of him getting trampled or stomped on!

It was a great idea and SO nice of the Village Church to put on this event Smile Thanks for your efforts!

Back to top Go down

Em

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:11 pm by Em

Kristi, I had a good view of the firetruck from a bit of distance when they were tossing eggs - I snapped a few pictures because I figured it might be your husband up there, do you want copies?

Back to top Go down

Mommy to 2 little monkeys

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:27 pm by Mommy to 2 little monkeys

A very big thankyou to the Village Church and all volunteers that put this event on!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum