WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs
Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WonderMoms Fan Page
Photobucket
Photobucket
WonderMoms Share Button
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs on your social bookmarking website

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Its been so long!!
MS Walk - Milton-Halton Hills - Where are my Sponsors at???? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 pm by ltoro

» Oakville Place Farmers Market
MS Walk - Milton-Halton Hills - Where are my Sponsors at???? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 pm by WonderMom

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
MS Walk - Milton-Halton Hills - Where are my Sponsors at???? EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:30 am by mommyone

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
MS Walk - Milton-Halton Hills - Where are my Sponsors at???? EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:27 am by mommyone

» Nature's Biodiversity - what it means to us! on May 9th @ 6:30p.m
MS Walk - Milton-Halton Hills - Where are my Sponsors at???? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:31 am by MiltonGreen

» MISSISSAUGA MOM TO MOM SALE
MS Walk - Milton-Halton Hills - Where are my Sponsors at???? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:23 am by mommyone

» Fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis Canada
MS Walk - Milton-Halton Hills - Where are my Sponsors at???? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm by Lynne

» Burlington Humane Society Fundraiser
MS Walk - Milton-Halton Hills - Where are my Sponsors at???? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm by WonderMom

» Burlington Mall's Eco-Hero Waste Collection
MS Walk - Milton-Halton Hills - Where are my Sponsors at???? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm by WonderMom

Statistics
We have 1120 registered users
The newest registered user is ASYmom

Our users have posted a total of 133642 messages in 10961 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

MS Walk - Milton-Halton Hills - Where are my Sponsors at????

Go down

MS Walk - Milton-Halton Hills - Where are my Sponsors at???? Empty MS Walk - Milton-Halton Hills - Where are my Sponsors at????

Hi there,
(just realized I should have posted this here too)

I am planning on taking part in the MS Walk again this year on Sunday, April 19, 2009. This will be my 10th year of doing the Walk and third time doing it in Milton. This year I have two people in mind who I am doing this Walk for, in hopes of raising money to go towards finding a cure for multiple sclerosis. One is a young mom here in Milton, and the other is a dad who lives and has worked in Halton. Both are friends who have had their lives turned upside down because of MS, and I want to do my part to help out. This has not only deeply impacted them, but also their families and friends.

This year I'd really like to be a part of a Team and was wondering if there are any other Moms out there who would be interested in joining me on that day and taking part. I'm thinking of all those wonderful moms that I have met over the last year while off on mat. leave who took part in the post-natal fitness classes, strollerfit and outdoor power fit classes at the MLC, and Melanie's bootcamps (although I only went a few times. I will be coming back I promise! I just have to wait till the warmer months.). I know you guys were/are dedicated to getting a workout every week, so why not get together to Walk for a Cure. Maybe we could even run a bit of the way too if you're up for it. If it's not raining that day I will be bringing my DS and my trusty jogging stroller along.

Let me know if you're interested and that way I can register us as a team. If you would like more information on the MS Walk, please visit www.mswalks.ca for all the details. Thanks guys and I hope to see you there.
cat

Last edited by mom2one on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gone
Apprentice WonderMom
Apprentice WonderMom

Number of posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

MS Walk - Milton-Halton Hills - Where are my Sponsors at???? :: Comments

Makenzie's Mom

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:54 am by Makenzie's Mom

I would like to do this....I think I may register. How many kms is it? I'll check it out on line. M2LM are you interested in running it?

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:03 am by Gone

There is a 5km route and a 10km route through the town.

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:15 am by Debra

I may be interested as well, if my DH is not working that day...my SIL has MS and my sister in Winnipeg has had symptoms of MS she has not been fully diagnosed yet...I guess with MS it can take a while to fully diagnose (hopefully, she does not have it...)

I have volunteered at some of the MS events in Toronto years ago - it is such a great organization...I go to bootcamp too Smile

I would say put me on the list and I will do everything possible to partcipate Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:03 pm by Gone

What kind of a Team Name would people want? Once I have one, then everyone who wants to join the team can do so at the mswalks.ca website. Debra (or anyone else), would you be interested in being the Team leader?

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:20 pm by Debra

If it is ok with WonderMom - how about WonderMoms? Maybe a good way to promote the forum and we can get T-Shirts - hopefully, inexpensive with the URL on it...

Sheesh, what would be involved as the TeamLead?...it has been a while since I have done a charity walk (over 5 years ago - I did Run for the Cure)...

Back to top Go down

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:22 am by Gone

Not sure about what would be involved as the team leader. I read on-line that if you join as a team, the MS Society will help you with some things. I will ask my friend who has a team for the Burlington Walk what it's like being the team leader, and can let you know.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:24 am by Gone

By the way, I think the name would be great if that's okay with WonderMom.

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:53 pm by WonderMom

Debra wrote:If it is ok with WonderMom - how about WonderMoms? Maybe a good way to promote the forum and we can get T-Shirts - hopefully, inexpensive with the URL on it....

y mom2one Yesterday at 7:24By the way, I think the name would be great if that's okay with WonderMom.

I PM'd mom2one back and I said if Moms from WonderMoms are walking for the MS Walk then go ahead use the name...WonderMoms

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:23 pm by Gone

Hey guys,

If everyone who is interested is in agreement with the name, I will register the team tonight as WonderMoms. I'll act as the Team Leader for now (Angela Rafique) and then anyone who is wanting to take part, can go to www.mswalks.ca to registered as a team member under the name "WonderMoms". I believe the MS Society will send me more information about the Walk after I sign the team up, and I can then share this with those taking part. By the way, I'd love to wear a t-shirt with the WonderMoms logo on it. That would be such an awesome shirt!

Back to top Go down

Debra

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:37 pm by Debra

Sounds great Angela! Please keep us posted with the details Smile...I am 98% certain that I will be walking with the WonderMom team Smile

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:48 pm by WonderMom

Event: Milton-Halton Hills MS Walk 2009
Event Date: Sunday, April 19, 2009
Check-In Time: 8:30:00 AM

Team Name: WonderMoms
Team Captain: Angela
Join at www.mswalks.ca

Why Join the WonderMoms Team:
TeamMS
is a great way for one person to increase the scope of their impact in
the fight against multiple sclerosis: by getting friends and family
together to WALK and help raise funds for MS research and services in
the Super Cities WALK for MS. Although many elements of MS remain a
mystery, there has never been a more hopeful time for MS research. In
the past few decades, the face of this disease has changed greatly and
in a very positive sense: four government-approved drug treatments are
available to help control the disease; diagnosis is faster and more
efficient, resulting in improved care; 22 clinics are open across the
country and most importantly, hope for finding a cause and cure is at
an all time high. There is a lot of research taking place around the
world that is looking to improve the life of people with MS and
eliminate the disease for future generations. Your support will make a
difference, be a part of the future without MS.

About the MS Society of Canada:
The mission of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada is:
To be a leader in finding a cure for multiple sclerosis and enabling people affected by MS to enhance their quality of life.

The
MS Society’s two major programs provide hope for the future through the
support of MS research into the cause, treatment and cure of the
disease and hope for today through their many services that assist
people with MS and their families.

Since being founded in
1948, the core support of the MS Society has been from tens of
thousands of dedicated individuals, companies and foundations in
communities across Canada. The Society receives almost no funding from
government.

Team Number Goal: Minimum of 10
I would like to
see as many people as possible come out and participate on Walk Day,
but I realize that this may not be possible for everyone to do. This
doesn’t mean that you can’t be a part of Team WonderMoms though. There
are many important roles and things that need to be done besides the
Walk on April 19th. We still need a lot of people now to raise money,
recruit family, friends and co-workers to join the Team, as well as
cheer on our fellow teammates and bring awareness to the community
about MS and the need to find a cure.

Fundraising Goals:
These are both individual and team based. In both cases we should be aiming high. What is a good goal for our team to aim for?

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:18 pm by Gone

Hey ladies,

Just wanted to remind you about the Walk that is coming up next month. I am really hoping to get more mom's on here to join my team, WonderMoms. If you're not able to come for Walk Day, then hopefully you can sponsor us on-line. Our team goal is pretty modest right now and I really hope to blow it out of the water. Please help me do so. Thanks.

Angela cat

Back to top Go down

Kbug

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:12 am by Kbug

Quick question...where is the walk located that we are participating in? I have not signed but am thinking of it.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:37 pm by Gone

It is located at the Milton Leisure Centre. The event starts off in the gymnasium there.

Back to top Go down

Kbug

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:42 pm by Kbug

I just signed up.

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:57 pm by WonderMom

I will be calling the contact I have for t shirts. Please post if would like to order one, I am sure they are a very reasonable price. I will post once I have more details.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:02 pm by Gone

Well, as you know, I would like one. I will double check with the rest of the team to see who would like one too, just in case someone misses this. Let me know cost, etc. when you get the info. Thanks WonderMom!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:10 pm by Gone

Hi Ladies,

Just to give you an up-date, we have raised $195 to this point for the MS Walk. To note, we're currently sitting in 8th place out of the Teams doing the Halton-Milton MS Walk. We really want to raise more money for this worthwhile cause though and hope that you can sponsor us, and help the WonderMoms team move up the ranks. Please check out our team page and donate on-line via www.mswalks.ca. It's easy, really. Thanks ladies!!!

Angela queen

Back to top Go down

Post Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:51 pm by Gone

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to give you an up-date on how we're doing. Looks like we have raised $420 thus far. Cudos to our superstar, Karen, whose the top earner right now on the team. Unfortunately, we have fallen off the top 10 leader board for Teams participating in Milton-Halton Hills, and I would really like to see us back on there. If there are moms on the board who are thinking of donating to this cause, please do so, we really need your support and help to end MS for good! I'm hoping to have a mini-fundraiser at my place before the Walk, which will hopefully help (crossed fingers).

Anyways, check us out at www.mswalks.ca and please sponsor us! Thanks again.

Angela cat

Back to top Go down

WonderMom

Post Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:19 pm by WonderMom

I have a quote back for t shirts...

WonderMoms t shirts - plain white t shirt with a full front crest digital picture would be around $10.00

Please let us know if we are ordering these.

WonderMom

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down