WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs
Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the WonderMoms.ca forum your Oakville and GTA destination for Moms and MomPreneurs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WonderMoms Fan Page
Photobucket
Photobucket
WonderMoms Share Button
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of WonderMoms.ca | Destination for Moms and MomPreneurs on your social bookmarking website

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Its been so long!!
Firefighter/Salvation Army Food Drive EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:13 pm by ltoro

» Oakville Place Farmers Market
Firefighter/Salvation Army Food Drive EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 pm by WonderMom

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
Firefighter/Salvation Army Food Drive EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:30 am by mommyone

» MOM 2 MOM SALE -MISSISSAUGA-----SUNDAY MAY 27
Firefighter/Salvation Army Food Drive EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:27 am by mommyone

» Nature's Biodiversity - what it means to us! on May 9th @ 6:30p.m
Firefighter/Salvation Army Food Drive EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:31 am by MiltonGreen

» MISSISSAUGA MOM TO MOM SALE
Firefighter/Salvation Army Food Drive EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:23 am by mommyone

» Fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis Canada
Firefighter/Salvation Army Food Drive EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm by Lynne

» Burlington Humane Society Fundraiser
Firefighter/Salvation Army Food Drive EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm by WonderMom

» Burlington Mall's Eco-Hero Waste Collection
Firefighter/Salvation Army Food Drive EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm by WonderMom

Statistics
We have 1120 registered users
The newest registered user is ASYmom

Our users have posted a total of 133642 messages in 10961 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

Firefighter/Salvation Army Food Drive

Go down

Firefighter/Salvation Army Food Drive Empty Firefighter/Salvation Army Food Drive

Just to let you know that the Milton Firefighters are teaming up with the Salvation Army for the yearly food drive.

Date: Saturday December 6
Time: 9-1

The food drive will run differently this year as with the new growth in Milton has made it logistically impossible for the firefighters to drive down each street. So with new growth came a new plan. The plan is that there will be several drop off locations around Milton with firetrucks and Firefighters and other volunteers staffing each drop off location. It should be fun for the kids.

The locations are:
Wal MArt
Superstore
A&P
Food Basics
martin Street School
Milton High School
Bruce Trail School
Robert Baldwin School
White Oaks Plaza
Portabellos Plaza

Great cause. Hope to see you out. Not sure which location I will be at but will be at one of them with the family.
Kbug
Kbug
Queen Bee WonderMom
Queen Bee WonderMom

Number of posts : 1208

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Firefighter/Salvation Army Food Drive :: Comments

Kristy

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:55 pm by Kristy

Hey Kristi,
Let us know which one you will be at. I will be sure to come over and say "Hi".

Back to top Go down

Faysmommy

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:36 pm by Faysmommy

Hi Kristi, I do not get to go with them but the First student drivers will be along side them on the 6th at the super centre

plus the First student drivers have been doing food drives every weekend and will continue to help out for the next two weekends.
We are happy to help out as with the growth of Milton the fire fighters are working even harder then they already do.

Back to top Go down

SOMO2

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:17 pm by SOMO2

Already got a bunch of stuff to donate in my trunk! Will be going through the pantry to gather another bag or two by Saturday. DS will love the fire trucks!

Back to top Go down

Gypsy

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:40 pm by Gypsy

Noticed the brown bag in my paper tonight! We'll be filling it up for sure!

Back to top Go down

Stellaluna

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:42 pm by Stellaluna

My DH and the 4 teens will be at the main sorting center sat to help sort.
We will be going out say morning with the little ones to go and shop for the food drive and drop off. I can't even imagine not having enough food, let alone for the holidays... it's so very easy to give and it doesn't cost a lot!

Back to top Go down

Kbug

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:54 pm by Kbug

Don't forget this is happening tomorrow.

As for where I will be.....No idea yet. Hubby will call me at swimming lessons to inform me where to go with the "kidlets"

I hope to see some of you.

Back to top Go down

Laura3

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:55 pm by Laura3

My DD will be at the Superstore (Milton) with the Girl Guides.

I think it's so great that they are doing this! It was neat when they did the door-to-door pick up but I think that they will get a better response doing it this way. Smile

Back to top Go down

Kbug

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:04 am by Kbug

I just found out that Dh is at the Supercentre which means we will join him in about an hour. The Supercentre is going to be one of the busiest or at least high profile spots. By the sounds of it they have a hockey team and girl guides helping out.

Back to top Go down

Faysmommy

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:13 pm by Faysmommy

Sounds like there are going to be a lot of people at the front doors helping out then. Fire fighters, girl guides, bus drivers and hockey teams oh my. I heard they Mayor was suppose to be there. I was unable to help today so I will at A & P next weekend.
I saw a fire truck at Martin Street school picking up.

Back to top Go down

Kbug

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:38 pm by Kbug

I had to leave as there were so many people and I could not provide much help. I didn't see the hockey team but perhaps they got delegated somewhere else. The Girl Guides were super eager and keeping a tally of what they collected. I would love to hear their number when it is all done. I did see the mayor at the Supercentre.

Back to top Go down

Faysmommy

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:10 pm by Faysmommy

you might be able to get them from the firefighters but if not I am sure I can get them from the girl who is organizing the bus drivers kbug. I know so far since the drivers started 3 weeks ago we have collected 3 bus loads full I can find out how much in $ they told her but I do not want to miss quote. Milton people have been fantastic donators.

Back to top Go down

Kbug

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:51 pm by Kbug

I noticed the Girl Guides tallying up the items and they were so excited about it. Hubby says the Loblaws Supercentre was a great location and they collected tonnes.

Back to top Go down

SOMO2

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:37 pm by SOMO2

Hope they did well at the A&P location also. We dropped in late morning with our bags and they had already collected quite a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down